4+1 MS in Financial Risk Management
The 4+1 Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for UConn students who complete a Bachelor's degree in Business, STEM related field or other appropriate majors that want to enhance their career opportunities by fully understanding how to identify, mitigate and manage various types of risk. This 30 credit program is offered at our Hartford and Stamford campus locations.
What is the 4+1 MSFRM Program?
What are the pre-requisites to apply to the 4+1 MSFRM Program?
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA *a 3.0GPA or higher in relevant majors waives GMAT/GRE for students
- 54 credits completed
- UConn Business, STEM, or other related major
What are the advantages of the the 4+1 MSFRM Program?
- Reduced course load: 3 courses waived
- Reduced cost
- Specialized Master from a Research I, AACSB Accredited School of Business
- Starting salary around 94K vs 65K
- Specialized Career Support through our Risk Management Career Advisors
- Additional Workshops on important and current topics
- Engaged Alumni base
Are there scholarships available?
The MSFRM Scholarship committee offers a number of financial awards to admitted students.
4+1 MS in Financial Risk Management Track
|If you would like more information or have any questions please contact:|
|Appointments in Storrs or Hartford:||Appointments in Stamford:|
|Jose Aponte||Laurissa Berk|
|Program Administrator||Associate Director|
|Risk Management Programs||Risk Management Programs|
|UConn School of Business||UConn School of Business|