4+1 MS in Financial Risk Management
The 4+1 Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for UConn students who complete a Bachelor's degree in Business, STEM related field or other appropriate majors that want to enhance their career opportunities by fully understanding how to identify, mitigate and manage various types of risk. This 30 credit program is offered at our Hartford and Stamford campus locations.
What is the 4+1 MSFRM Program?
What are the pre-requisites to apply to the 4+1 MSFRM Program?
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- 54 credits completed
- UConn Business, STEM, or other related major
Are there scholarships available?
The MSFRM Scholarship committee offers a number of financial awards to admitted students.
4+1 MS in Financial Risk Management Track
- FNCE 5312 - Financial Institutions - A Risk Management Approach
- FNCE 5313 - Financial Modeling I
- FNCE 5341 - Financial Risk Management III - Credit Risk
- FNCE 5321 - Financial Risk Modeling II
- FNCE 5322 - Financial Risk Management I - Equity Markets
- FNCE 5332 - Financial Risk Management II - Fixed Income Securities
- FNCE 5331 - Financial Risk Modeling III
- FNCE 5323 - Advanced Issues and Applications in Risk Management I - Seminar
- FNCE 5343 - Legal & Ethical Issues in Financial Risk Management
- FNCE 5344 - Advanced Issues and Applications in Risk Management III
If you would like any other information or have any questions please contact:
Risk Management Programs
UConn School of Business