Maximize Opportunity. Minimize Risk.
The Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for business professionals who want to enhance their careers by fully understanding how to identify and manage various types of financial risk. This 33 (or 36)-credit program is offered full-time or part-time at our Hartford and Stamford campus locations.
Dean Elliott Assures International Students for Fall 2021
Watch this video to learn more about campus reopening for Fall '21, in-person classes, COVID vaccinations, and more.
Fall 2021 admissions:
- UConn preparing for fall with more on-campus presence.
- Vaccinations in U.S. underway
- Take Advantage of an Expedited Admissions Review Process
- Skip the GMAT/GRE
- Skip the Calculus prerequisite
- Individual one-on-one guidance and advising sessions provided to candidates with paid deposit.
- Application Fee Waivers are available (See Fee waiver eligibility)
If you have any questions on your application, please email email@example.com.
Support from Career Services
- We offer a dedicated Career Development team to provide you complete support throughout your career journey, even if you plan to take your classes online.
- Learn to build a first-rate resume, gain advanced networking and interviewing skills, and stay on top of current business trends.
- Multiple recruiting events will take place specifically for our MS in Financial Risk Management students either on campus or virtually from companies such as Goldman Sachs, KPMG, PWC and IBM.
- Weekly meetings with risk and finance professionals.
- 1:1 support: Daily office hours (in-person and virtual), practice interviews, and more.
The 4+1 Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for current UConn undergraduate students who want to fast-track their career by earning both their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in just 5 years. Jump start your career with a specialized Master’s degree that focuses on teaching students real-world practical applications. Students are supported by two Corporate Outreach and Career Advising Specialists that focus solely on risk management students. Domestic students see 100% placement within 3 months and all MSFRM students see 83% placement within 3 months, with a $94K average starting salary.
MS in FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
A real-world approach to Risk Management Theory