Maximize Opportunity. Minimize Risk.
The Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for business professionals who want to enhance their careers by fully understanding how to identify and manage various types of financial risk. This 33 (or 36)-credit program is offered full-time or part-time at our Hartford and Stamford campus locations.
To our incoming MSFRM students
The MSFRM course offerings for incoming Fall 2020 are listed below.
- • FNCE 5310 - Introduction to U.S. Capital Markets (3 credits)
- • FNCE 5312 - Financial Institutions – A Risk Management Approach (3 credits)
- • FNCE 5313 - Financial Risk Modeling I (3 credits)
For the students that cannot join us in-person, all three courses will be offered online.
For the students that join us in-person, we will have both online, and hybrid courses with in-person component.
Students who would like to defer their start date to spring 2021 will take additional courses during the three semesters in order to graduate at the end of fall 2021 with the rest of their cohort.
For our international students, please read the below information carefully:
- • If you will join us in fall please fill out the necessary New Student Fall 2020 Check In by August 4th.
- • International students who would like to defer to spring 2021 must fill out the New Student SEVIS Defer Form by August 4th.
- • If you have already completed these forms, you do not need to do these again.
- • More information may be found through the ISSS website
Support from Career Services
- • We offer a dedicated Career Development team to provide you complete support throughout your career journey, even if you plan to take your classes online.
- • Learn to build a first-rate resume, gain advanced networking and interviewing skills, and stay on top of current business trends.
- • Multiple recruiting events will take place specifically for our MS in Financial Risk Management students either on campus or virtually from companies such as Goldman Sachs, KPMG, PWC and IBM.
- • Weekly meetings with risk and finance professionals
- • 1:1 support: Daily office hours (in-person and virtual), practice interviews, and more.
The 4+1 Master of Science in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) is designed for current UConn undergraduate students who want to fast-track their career by earning both their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in just 5 years. Jump start your career with a specialized Master’s degree that focuses on teaching students real-world practical applications. Students are supported by two Corporate Outreach and Career Advising Specialists that focus solely on risk management students. Domestic students see 100% placement within 3 months and all MSFRM students see 83% placement within 3 months, with a $94K average starting salary.
MS in FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT
A real-world approach to Risk Management Theory